FALL CLASS SCHEDULE
Still Spots Available!
Still Spots Available!
--10% Sibling Discount will apply at checkout
--E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for PS 889 Pick-up Information
3:45-4:30pm GET MOVING! Creative Dance (ages 3.5-4.5’s)
4:45-5:45pm Contemporary Modern Dance Beg Int (ages 9.5+)
6:00-7:30pm Contemporary Modern Dance Adv Int (ages 10.5+)
9:00-10:15am Open Level Adult Ballet, by registration
11:00-11:30am Toddler Tuesdays (3 and under + caregivers)
12:00-1:00pm Open Level Adult Pilates Mat Technique, by registration
3:45-4:30pm Pre-Ballet II (ages 6.5+)
4:00-4:45pm Rhythm & Moves (ages 5.5-7)
4:45-6:50pm Ballet III A w/Pointe (placement by studio)
5:00-5:45pm Hip Hop I (ages 7.5-9.5)
6:00-7:00pm Hip Hop II (ages 10-12)
7:00-8:45pm Open Level Adult Ballet, by registration
3:45-4:30pm Pre-Ballet I (age 5.5+)
4:45-5:45pm Ballet I (age 7.5+)
6:00-7:30pm Ballet III w/Pointe/Pre-Pointe (placement by studio, extension to 7:45pm available for Ballet IV students)
3:45-4:30pm GET MOVING! Creative Dance (ages 4-5's)
4:45-6:00pm Ballet II B (placement by studio)
6:15-7:30pm Contemporary Modern Dance Int (ages 10+)
3:30-4:15pm GET MOVING! Creative Dance (ages 4.5-5.5)
4:30-6:00pm Advanced Theater Jazz (age 11+)
9:30-10:15am Pre-Ballet I (age 5.5+)
10:30-11:15am Pre-Ballet II (age 6.5+)
11:30-12:30pm Ballet I A/II B (ages 7.5+ w/ placement by studio)
12:45-2:00pm Company B Ballet (ages 10+ with 2 or more classes per week and 1 year of Ballet II previously completed)
9:15-10:00am Rhythm & Moves (ages 5-6)
10:15-11:30am Advanced Intermediate Jazz (age 10+)
11:45-12:30pm GET MOVING! Creative Dance
12:45-1:30pm GET MOVING! Creative Dance (ages 4-5)
Sep 10 Fall Open House
Sep 14 Fall Classes Begin
Oct 10 Holiday Observance, All Classes Suspended
Nutcracker Auditions TBD
Nov 23-26 Tentative Thanksgiving Holiday, All Classes Suspended
Dec 19 Last Day of Fall Classes
Dec 20-Jan 7 Holiday Break, All Classes Suspended
Jan 7 Spring Class Samplers
Jan 8 Spring Classes Begin
Feb 18-24 Presidents Week Holiday, All Classes Suspended.
Feb 21-24 Tentative Presidents Week Camps
Apr 8-14 Spring Break, All Classes Suspended
May 28-29 Memorial Day Weekend, All Classes Suspended
Jun 19 Last Day of Spring Classes
All class packages include one set of dress code appropriate class wear
GET MOVING! Creative Dance, Rhythm & Moves, or Hip Hop I
Pre-Ballet & Ballet I (1 class/wk)
Ballet II (2 classes/wk)
Ballet III (3 classes/wk)
Hip Hop II or Beg Int Contemporary Modern (1 class/wk)
Adv Int Contemporary Modern Dance, Int Contemporary Modern Dance, Adv Int Jazz, or Adv Theater Jazz (1 class/wk)
- Please contact the studio for placement if your dancer is age 7.5+. Parent/Teacher Conferences are strongly recommended for dancers of these ages and can be scheduled during May.
- Tuesday classes will be happening both at the studio and off-site.
- Participation in the Ballet II program requires registration in 2 classes/wk, 2 ballet classes strongly recommended, but jazz or modern classes are options for the 2nd class.
- Participation in the Ballet III program requires registration in 3 classes/wk, 2 ballet classes with either jazz or modern strongly recommended.
- Students may participate in a Ballet IV level as independent studies by dancing 4 classes/wk and choosing a minimum of 2 or more ballet classes.
- "B" refers to beginner. "A" refers to advanced.
- Jazz classes have been aging up in order to accommodate our advancing dancers as well as interest in Hip Hop classes.
- Jazz and Modern classes use a classical foundation akin to Ballet, and so are electives in the Ballet II, III, and IV levels. Hip Hop classes do not use this foundation, and so can not count towards required class minimums for this program.
- Attendance: It is not enough to register for the required number of classes required for the Ballet II, III, and IV programs, dancers must attend them. Any missed classes must be made up in order to advance appropriately.
- Company B: Dancers enrolled in 2 or more classes per week are eligible for additional performing opportunities during events like the Church Ave Street Fair and Flatbush Frolic. They will be invited to attend a fixed schedule of rehearsals and must be able to participate in all rehearsals in order to perform. The designated Company B rehearsal slot is 6pm on Fridays. Rehearsals are not scheduled on a regular basis, but dancers interested in additional performances should maintain this availability.