Grooming exceptional students is a team effort. Please help us provide the best possible classroom experience for them by strictly adhering to the following policies:
- Lobby Usage & Rules: The lobby is not available as a waiting area during classes. Noise in the lobby is difficult to avoid and extremely distracting to classes in the studio. If you can hear us, we can hear you. Children must be dropped off for class, with parents and caregivers waiting until class begins to leave and returning promptly at the listed end time for class. Families should arrive 10min before the start time of class to allow time to students time to change and use the bathroom before class begins and should NOT arrive more than 15min before the start time of class. Any toys played with must be put away, and snacks and beverages other than water are no longer permitted. We understand that students must pass through the studio to get to the bathroom, but there is to be NO RUNNING AROUND in the studio before or after class. Students should remain in the lobby until they are invited in for class unless accompanied by a parent or caregiver while changing or using the bathroom. This is the responsibility of the parent or caregiver to enforce, not the responsibility of the teacher or other studio staff member. Finally, families should leave promptly after classes as transition time in between classes is tight, and the lobby must be clear before the next class begins.
- NO Shoes or Food/Drink Permitted in the Dance Studio: All parents, caregivers, and children must take their shoes off in the lobby before entering the dance studio space itself. Shoes track dirt through the studio and can even present a safety hazard by tracking small rocks in that children may step or roll on during classes. Food and beverages other than water are unnecessary, can damage the floor, and create messes that we do not have time to clean up.
- Arrivals & Late Arrivals: Classes will start promptly. Children must have used the bathroom and be dressed and ready to dance with hair pulled back and out of face at the listed start time of class. Late arrivals will not be admitted beyond the first 10 min, and must take an absence for the day. Missing the beginning of class effects learning and puts students at risk of injury when their bodies are not given a proper warm-up. Late arrivals arriving inside of the first 10min should wait by the curtain until the teacher invites them in. Students will be admitted only in between exercises so as to minimize class disruption.
- Make-ups: Attendance is important to the progress of an individual student and to the progress of the class as a whole. Students are encouraged to make up missed classes, but only 2 make-ups will be allowed per semester. Missing more than 2 classes may jeopardize performing opportunities. Make-ups must be used within the period the student is registered.
- Refund Policy: We provide many opportunities for children to sample classes, including our September open house, $10 class week in January, and free holiday programs. Trial classes ($20) may also be available upon advance request. Please be sure that our classes are a good fit for your child as refunds will not be issued. In special circumstances, a credit may be issued towards adult classes, birthday parties, or space rentals. This credit will be good for 1 year from the initial registration date.
- NO pictures or filming while class is in session, exceptions made only during Parents Observation Week. Please understand that it is very, very distracting to students individually and disruptive to the class in general, especially when the curtain is pulled open in order to do so.
- The Dress Code for each class should be strictly adhered to. It protects students, our floors, and sets a proper tone for the class. View appropriate dress for each class here: http://www.aldenmovesbk.com/classes-dance.html Note: Students who arrive more than once without the proper attire may not be permitted to dance. Appropriate dance shoes and dance wear can be purchased at www.discountdance.com or locally at Grand Prix (7519 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11209)
- Questions & Discussion: Time in between classes is tight, and we regret that there is no time for teachers to speak with parents or caregivers in between classes. Please direct all questions or requests for a meetings or phone classes to email@example.com.
- Inclement Weather: In case of inclement weather, please check www.aldenmovesbk.com or our Facebook page for information regarding closings or delays. We will also do our best to e-mail registered students with updated information. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.